Saturday, September 27, 2008

Which Way Did I Go?

Sometimes I just don't have a clue what direction I'm suppose to be heading - literally. I mean I start out in one room of the house heading to do something in another room in the house and by the time I get there, I forget why I was going there. I know that is something that comes along with that turning 50-getting older thing, but you just have to laugh. Ok, let's regroup and start over.

Have you ever started toward something, only to have your goal changed to something completely different than you began. That's God working in your life. There have been many times in my life like planning a career, or a house I really wanted and even things that I had hoped and prayed for for my children that didn't come out like I planned. But know what I found out. I didn't get the job I wanted or the house I wanted - God always had something better.

There was this house that my husband and I wanted to buy, we really wanted it badly. It would have taken some work to get it just right for us, I mean I had three kids and needed a room for my son and two daughters - but I still wanted the house. Well, things didn't work out on that house and I was discouraged about the whole thing. Then one day I drove past a house being sold by the owner. The house looked good on the outside, good roof, niced fenced in yard but what did the inside look like? I wrote the phone number down, went home and told my husband about what I had found. He told me to call and see when we could make an appointment to look at the house.

The following saturday, we arrived at the house and an older couple met us at the door. As I entered the house and walked into the living room, I was amazed that the walls, the carpet everything would match the current furniture that we had. I walked through to the dining room and kitchen, perfect everything just like I would have chosen. Then the whole purpose of the why we didn't get the first house became apparent. I walked into a formal living room that had the perfect carpet and wall papering for the furniture I had just received after my father had passed away. Then down the hall to the bedrooms, one room with pretty pink and lavendar wall paper for a girl, the next room had colors perfect for a boy. Nothing had to be done at all to this house to be the perfect home for my family. Financing went through immediately and that home on Mission Drive became our family's home for the next 12 years.

So don't get upset with God when things don't turn out like you plan - He has something better in store for you.

2 comments:

Christy said...

Did you write this for me??? Just kidding...That has definatley been what you have told everyone of us from time to time when we felt things didnt turn out how we wanted them...and thankfully something always came along that was better! Im gonna wait patiently for mine!
Love you!

Jennifer said...

I do the same thing...walk into a room and forgot why I walked into the room. Then I have to retrace my steps to remember what my original plan was....I don't think it's age...I think it's that we carry the stress of everything!

And yes, when God doesn't give us what we want, it's because he has something better. It's just so hard sometimes!

I'm glad to see you in the blogging world. Now we need to get Kiley connected!